· Be a citizen of the United States of America;
· Be a Florida resident;
· Be 18 years old (you may pre-register to vote if you are 16 years old, but you cannot vote until you are 18 years old).
· Not now be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other state;
· Not have been convicted of a felony without your civil rights having been restored; and
· Provide your current and valid Florida driver's license number or Florida identification card number. If you do not have a Florida driver's license number or a Florida identification card number, you must provide the last four digits of your Social Security Number. If you do not have any of these items, you must mark the box indicated on the Florida Voter Registration Application as "NONE."
Voter registration applications are accepted by the Lee County Supervisor of Elections year-round, however, voter registration books close 29 days before each election and must remain closed until the day after each election. When the voter registration books are closed, a voter may request an update or change to his or her voter registration record such as address, name or signature.
New registrations and political party changes will be accepted while the voter registration books are closed, but will not be effective until after the election.
All Lee County libraries can print out voter registration applications.
Voter registration forms are available at the following locations: Sanibel Public Library -- 770 Dunlop Road, Sanibel. Lee County Elections Office -- 2480 Thompson St., Fort Myers. Lee County Election Center -- 13180 S. Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers (across the street from the Bell Tower Shops). Other voter registration sites are listed at Lee Votes.
Complete a new voter registration form and check "Record Update/Change" on the form.
In order to remain permanently registered to vote, a voter must vote at least every 4 years or update his or her voter registration record, in writing, during that time.